Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a global leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing an array of
highly engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty
products and equipment for customers around the world. Under three guiding principles:
decentralization, 80/20 process and innovation. ITW is a Fortune 150 company that operates over 850 decentralized business units, employs nearly 65,000 people, and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, USA with operations in 58 countries.
ITW’s Global Automotive group is the comprised of multiple businesses that manufacture metal and
plastic components and fasteners for global automotive manufacturers and has revenue of about
US$3 billion globally. ITW believes in providing our employees a safe place in which to work.
Main tasks of the post and responsibilities:
• Communication partner for Hyundai Company in mother tongue.
• Troubleshooting action in place.
• Control of safety stock in Korea (quantity of parts/condition)
• Responsibility for sorting action in place.
• Solving of problems in case of claim (first analyses of claiming parts etc.)
• Documents translation from Korean to English language
• Reporting to plant VB and HDH
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Knowledge of quality and project method. (APQP, 8D, PPAP etc.)
• Technical education (drawing documentation etc.)
• Knowledge of Hyundai quality requirements
• Good communication skills in English language
• Time flexibility – Meeting with Hyundai within 3 hours in their plant.
(face to face meeting for trouble solving)
• English language – communicative
• Korean language – communicative
Hyundai project timeline:
1. Development phase: (1.3.2016 to 1.9.2016)
• Daily communication with Hyundai and ITW (VB/HDH)
• Documents translation from Korean to English languages
• Project supporting activity according APQP
• ITW communication support for daily troubleshooting – development phase.
2. Serial production phase: (SOP start: 1.9.2016)
• Received Hyundai complain of quality (telephone, mail, etc.)
• Take a countermeasure within maximum 2 days.
• Meeting with customer regarding countermeasure plan.
• Feedback report to Hyundai every week until completed
• Coordination of stock sorting actions in place
• ITW communication support for daily troubleshooting – serial phase.
In case of interest in the position or in need for any other information, please, contact Martin Horák on firstname.lastname@example.org.