Main field of activity
- Raising awareness of Korea in the Czech society and spreading information and knowledge of the Czech Republic in the Korean community via lectures, courses and seminars, art performances, exhibitions, concerts, screenings and other activities;
- Establishing contacts and promoting cooperation with other partner or cultural, social, or economic organizations in Korea; pursuing activities leading to deepening of the relationship between the Czech Republic and Korea allowing a free exchange of people and information in the civil, business or state area, including fostering initiatives resulting in mutually beneficial commercial activity;
- Cooperating with other domestic or foreign organizations, which share similar goals, fields of activity or content, exchanging knowledge or publications with them; assisting in establishment of cooperation with corresponding Czech, Korean or other foreign organizations and institutions;
- Participating in the activities of non-profit international organizations; assisting in twinning of organizations including municipalities;
- Assisting in realizing the exchange of individuals, families or various interest groups, including the development of tourism and organizing excursion tours or study programs allowing to acquire better insight and understanding of both cultures;
- Supporting production, research, studies and other activities which correspond to the goals of the CKS; cooperating with state authorities and institutions in order to deepen a mutually beneficial relationship and contacts between Czech Republic and Korea.
Examples of activities and former events
- Czech-Korean Society organizes various educational events introducing the Korean culture which are held at many different places across the Czech Republic, including the annual biggest festival of the Korean culture in the Czech Republic – Korean Days in Moravian-Silesian region („Korejské dny v Moravskoslezském kraji“)
- The website http://www.cks-korea.cz/ is the most visited web page dedicated to current Czech-Korean relations and contains a database of the development of the Czech-Korean relations in the areas of culture, politics and education. The CKS also produces and maintains an updated database of the Korean/Czech companies, institutions and individuals present in Czech Republic/Korea.
- The CKS’s Film Club in cooperation with FAMU Prague organizes monthly screenings of interesting Korean movies accompanied by lectures and workshops with film critics. The CKS’s Film Club also participates in the organization of film festivals.
- The Chamber of Commerce of the CKS is actively involved in assisting the development of the Czech-Korean business contacts, connecting the biggest Korean investors in the Czech Republic and Czech companies doing business in the Republic of Korea.
- Language center of the CKS organizes regular meetings of the Czech students of Korean language and Korean students of Czech language in order to initiate a creation of tandem partners and friendships. The Language center of the CKS also cooperates with language schools on providing Korean language classes and participates in translation of the Korean movies and books.
- The CKS’s organizes supporting programs for exhibitions including workshops, guided tours and children programs for the prominent Czech museum and Czech galleries. The programs may present various topics such as for example Korean traditional music, calligraphy, Korean martial art Taekwondo or board game baduk etc.
- The CKS organizes trips and social events focused on integration of the Korean community in the Czech society. Moreover, the CKS in cooperation with the Czech-Chinese society also organizes the annual Oriental Ball in Prague.
- The CKS provides space for meeting and connecting the Korean and Czech companies and employees. It publishes their job offers and in-demand jobs, provide contacts on the services of interpreters and translators and organizes student internships in Korean companies.
- The CKS supports the families of the Korean businessmen when adapting to the Czech environment, provides consultancy in social-related issues and organizes intercultural workshops and training courses.
- The CKS helps Czech tourists, travelers, businessmen and students with preparation on their trips to Korea. The CKS also provides latest information and consultancy concerning the Korean peninsula to the Czech media.
- The CKS closely cooperates with embassies in the Czech Republic and in Korea, with Korean associations, restaurants and companies in the Czech republic, with the department of Korean studies at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University, with King Sejong Institute Prague and other institutions involved in Czech-Korean relations.
The current full version of statutes of the Czech-Korean Society can be found here.